Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Vegan & Vegetarian Options at Fast Food Restaraunts



As much as I try to avoid it I find myself eating at fast food restaraunts and popular chain restaraunts once in awhile. And sometimes I am in the mood for a little more thand fries and a Coke. There is a handy webpage that I use when I know I will be going to a restaraunt ahead of time:

Vegetarian & Vegan Options at Fast Food Restaraunts

Most restaraunts provide a certain amount of nutritional information on their websites but typically don't go as far as listing ingredients. You can always call the local restaraunt with questions. This has been hit and miss for me. Sometimes I get someone willing to find the package of seasoned curly fries and read the ingredients to me over the phone. Other times the person on the other end doesn't know, doesn't want to know, doesn't care if I know, hates his/her job (who can blame them for that?), etc.

The information provided on the webpage above appears to be pretty well researched. I have no idea how often it is updated. But you may find it useful. There are a lot of restaraunts listed that I would not consider to be 'fast food'. Here is the complete list:

Applebee's - Arby's - Atlanta Bread Company - Au Bon Pain - Auntie Anne's - Baskin-Robbins -Bob's Big Boy - Bojangles - Boston Market - Bruegger's Bagel - Burger King - Carl's JR - Checker's Drive-in Restaurant - Chi-Chi's Mexican Restaurant - Chili's - Chick-Fil-A - Chuck E. Cheese's - Church's Fried Chicken - Country Kitchen International - Cracker Barrel - Dairy Queen - Del Taco - Damon's - Denny's - Domino's Pizza - Dunkin' Donuts - Eat'N Park - El Chico's - El Pollo Loco - Fazoli's - Fresh Choice - Fuddruckers - Godfather's Pizza - Golden Fried Chicken - Gold Star Chili - Hardee's - Hot Stuff Pizza - Jack in the Box - Kentucky Fried Chicken - Krispy Kreme - Little Caesar's - Long John Silver's - Manchu Wok - Manhattan Bagel - Mazzio's Pizza - McDonald's - Miami Subs - Moe's - Nathan's - Olive Garden - Panera - Papa John's - Perkins - Pizza Hut - Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill - Popeye's - Rally's - Rita's Italian Ices - Round Table Pizza - Shakey's - Sonic Drive-in Restaurant - Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes - Steak Escape - Subway - Swiss Chalet - Taco Bell - Taco John's - Taco Time - TCBY - Tim Hortons - T.G.I. Fridays - Tony Roma's - Wendy's - Western Sizzlin's - Western Steer - Whataburger

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Are there any fellow nerds out there who can tell me where they have heard that before?

7 comments:

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

Thanks for the information! This really comes in handy, especially when grabbing a quick bite to eat with some omnivores!

Unknown said...

GI JOE! A real American Hero!

Troy said...

Alec, you are correct! YO JOE!

Kyle said...

That webpage is something I used frequently when I first became vegan over a year ago now. I love that there are some options, especially at Taco Bell, but I haven't eaten at a fast food place in nearly 6 months. WOW! That's crazy when I think about it.

I always thought it was funny when one of the listings says the veggie items are (for example) english muffin, salsa, barbecue sauce, etc. Sometimes I think, when I am ever going to order a plain muffin with salsa and BBQ sauce? haha.

Anyway, great webby for the vegan masses.

Troy said...

Good point Kyle. Sometimes that website can serve as a warning: Go somewhere else unless you are in the mood for salsa and bbq sauce smeared on an english muffin.

Shia said...

Looks great! We are loving your blog! If your in the market for new products to try or have trouble shopping for vegan groceries please visit our site at VeganFoodStore.com

kat_cafe said...

They want to serve the best service to the customers and thus ask for the feedbacks.
Thus they insist their customers say up their reviews on Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Experience
Survey through the link provided telldunkin.com
https://telldunkin.online/

dunkinnation survey


www.telldunkin.com within 3 days